Yesterday I blogged about a new piece of art that I made for my walls. I wanted to share with you where that inspiration came from. Recently (a month ago now) Elise Blaha did a series called “On Our Walls”. She went through her house and it down by theme.
Here were 6 takeaways from this series:
- You don’t need to hang the most picturesque moments on the wall – just the ones that capture the best moments and make you smile – and your face doesn’t even need to be in them.
- I used to not like knick-knacks (my mom made me dust them every week), but she’s got a lot of larger pieces intertwined with her pictures – like the cursive word “love” or the ampersand. I think they add character.
- Oversized frames are fun.
- Don’t be afraid to make your own art to put on the walls – just grab a canvas and brush!
- Find your favorite quotes and song lyrics and use them to inspire you.
- Search Etsy.