Since we’re one-sixth through the year, I decided now was a good time to check up on how my 2013 goals are going. That’s right, 16.67% of the way through the year is where we’re at (no, I didn’t look that percentage up).I just made those, aren’t they pretty?
- Travel to Austin, Chicago, Nashville, San Francisco, Charlotte, and India.
San Francisco will be in July and India will be in October. The others depend on my work schedule. Plenty of time left.
- Go to dinner at 3 new (to me) Steven Starr Restaurants in Philadelphia.
I’ve tried 1 – Il Portico. I’ve got 2 more to go.
- Redesign my living room (which might/probably involves buying a couch).
80% done – one loveseat removed, one couch added – so now it’s functional. Now it just needs to be pretty.
- Watch 5 movie classics.
Fail. Haven’t watched any.
- Run a 5K.
I’ve signed up for Color Me Rad in June. And bought a $100 pair of running shoes to train. More on that later.
- Paint something.
I want to paint my patio door red. Right now it’s too cold outside to keep the door open to paint though.
- Create a design inspiration book.
I feel like I’ll need to take a day off to do this.
- Go to a drive in movie.
Not yet, but word on the street is there’s one in New Jersey.
- Write a book.
- Volunteer (somewhere…).
I’ve signed up to volunteer at Philabundance once a month June – December. I still need something else though.
- Go to at least one Broadway show in NYC.
I’m going to see Chicago the first weekend of April.
- Find a church that works for me.
I’m trying out one here in the city and so far, so good. We’ll see if it sticks.
- See the Rocky Horror Picture Show live.
I need to find one of these.
- Make a quilt (or maybe hire Buttons and Seams Clothing Repairs to do it for me).
Button and Seams Clothing Repairs will be making me a quilt; however I haven’t seen Erin yet.
- Sell something on Etsy.
Ha. Haven’t even had time to think about this yet.
- Write 1 interactive blog post a month (it’s still TBD what this actually means).
I’ve been asking people questions. January was about card saving, “February” was about karaoke.
- Plan a BIG 25th Birthday Party.
Oh boy, do I have an idea. I need some piano players.
- Plan my blog posts ahead of time (I bought this great agenda recommended by Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife).
I’ve been planning my blog posts the first of every month – and sometimes even sticking to it.
- Take more pictures.
Damn. I forgot about this one. I’ll work on this.
- Make decisions that make me happy.
I’m working on happy. And I’m feeling pretty good about it.
Not too shabby. I’ve got to tell you, I’m glad I have it all written down though, because otherwise I would have forgotten some of these. I’m actually kind of hoping to have some of these done by June so that I can add a few more. We’ll see how that goes. How about you, how are you doing on your 2013 goals?