Y’all. This is my first Thanksgiving that I’m not spending with my own family today. Usually Thanksgiving looks like this:
While I’m waiting to figure out what this year’s Thanksgiving is going to look like, I’m going to write about 5 things for which I am thankful. 2016 hasn’t been the greatest, but there have been some silver linings. So let’s do this:
- This year there have been a few friends who have been there at really rough moments. I definitely couldn’t have done this year without them.
- I was able to do a lot of traveling this year. It’s been a blessing to be able to see so much of the U.S. this year – and meet and see so many people along the way.
- I’m very thankful for the incredible team that I have helping me run PHLbloggers and The Blog Connect. It’s a group of awesomely talented ladies and I’m in awe that there are other people who care so much and that I was able to find them. They’re the coolest and I’m the luckiest.
- I’ve got two pretty awesome parents. I’m half her: party hosting, love planning ahead, and appreciate a clean house. And half him: will talk to anybody, loves to travel, and takes photos.
- I’m thankful that I’ve gotten some time at home this year. Time to hang out with my friends. Time to work on my relationship. Time to host a few parties. Time to learn how my HVAC system works.
So Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S.-ers out there. I hope you have a great day surrounded by people you love. And to the non-U.S.-ers, I wish you the same. Because it’s always a good time to count our blessings.