Hi all. We’re back in holiday season, so there are approximately a million things that are happening during the week over here. Somehow we’re still finding time to watch Avatar: The Last Air Bender, which I think means we’ve kind of got our priorities right? Unclear.
We’re on weekly snippets 49. Which kind of confused me because I feel like we’re so close to the end of the year, but 50 will be on the 16th, 51 will be on the 23rd, and 52 will be on my birthday – December 30th. So it looks like it will work out just fine.
I also have to start thinking about whether or not I want to continue with this Friday post or come up with a new prompt in 2017. (For example, I used to do one up, one down.) Any and all suggestions are welcome. Until then, here are 10 things that happened in the past week:
- I went to my friend Marie’s swing dancing 30th birthday party, which was a lot of fun. I learned a little bit about how to lead. Maybe if I can figure out to lead I’ll get better at following? It’s amazing how crappy you can be at following. (Mostly because I like to be in control too much I think…)
- Saturday I went to a conference in Philadelphia called The Positivity Charge. It started with a short yoga class, had some key note speakers, an activity, and then unfortunately I needed to head out to go to a Christmas party (rough life). I was able to meet some new folks during that time though and have a brunch scheduled to get to know them better next weekend. So that will be cool.
- Saturday afternoon I went to a Christmas party with Ben’s friends. This is my second year of going to a Christmas party of theirs and I’ve got to tell you, I’m always incredibly impressed by the array of food. They both really like to cook and they go all out for company. I can definitely learn something from them.
- Sunday I did a photo shoot for my friend Chad and his business partner Briana (which is where the above photo came from – it was a test shot). It was fun to be able to get to use my camera in that way again, I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve taken formal photos of anyone. I should probably kick that up again in 2017.
- Sunday evening I went to dinner at Bud & Marilyn’s with some co-workers and past co-workers. It was really good to see how everybody was doing and share some laughs around the table.
- Monday I spent the day in New York and got to have dinner with my friend Bill. Then I crashed my friend Janna’s hotel room for the evening. Yay for catching up with friends.
- Tuesday I did a site visit for work where I go out to a construction site and check to see how progress is going. It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these and I was pretty nervous about it, but it ended up going pretty well, so that was cool.
- Wednesday evening I went to a women’s mentor dinner at Villanova University. I’m apparently old enough to be a mentor. It sounded like fun. I’ll keep you posted if I happen to come up with any pearls of wisdom to share with the world.
- Thursday I was really proud that I was able to run so many errands during lunch. I made it to the bank, Trader Joe’s, the sushi place, Anthropologie, and two hotels in about an hour and twenty minutes. Always on the run, man.
- Thursday evening I went to the Barnes Museum with the Women’s Initiative at work. It was great to get a tour of the place. I’ve been a handful of times, but have never gotten a guided tour of the building before. Highly recommend.
That’s it. 10 things. How was your week? Are you already in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season? Does anybody else feel like they’re doing a race against the clock to get holiday cards out on time? Crazy.