Welcome to week 42, y’all. I hope 2016 is treating you well. (I always hope that, don’t ask why I decided on week 42 to tell you.) This past week has been the first week of a two-week vacation for me. It’s been both relaxing and constantly go-go-go. How does that happen? Well, you realize you have all the time in the world so you do your ordinary, daily tasks a little slower. It takes a little longer to get to breakfast, a little longer to pack your bags, you pull over at a few more viewpoints – and then by the time you finally get to where you were going it’s too late to actually relax. You just go to bed and start over. So each task has been very relaxing, but overall, I feel like we haven’t stood still yet. That said, I’ve taken some fun photos. It’s always fun to get to use the big camera. (Photo above was actually taken with my cell phone. Crazy, right?)
Here are 10 things that have happened in the past week:
- I got upgraded to first class on my flight to the west coast.
- We walked bunches of miles around all of Seattle.
- We drove to Bainbridge Island to see the coast and go to a winery.
- We had delicious breakfast burritos in Tacoma.
- We did a 5-hour hike at Mount Rainier National Park. It rained the whole time. I keep realizing that while I can do the nature thing, I prefer not to. Or at least I think you should be able to listen to podcasts while you do it. Anything to take your mind off of, alright, we’re alone in the woods, now what?
- We spent a lovely 20 hours in Astoria, OR which included a lovely hotel, a sunset from the highest point in town, Fort George brewery, a bar across the street from the hotel, and possibly the best breakfast I’ve ever had.
- We saw the Pacific Ocean!
- We visited Portland! I was happy to be back. I really like Portland.
- We went to Pip’s doughnuts, which is possibly my favorite place in all of Portland. You can get a flight of chai and delicious doughnuts. Best breakfast ever.
- We got to meet Andy from Plum Deluxe in person! And have tea with him!
Then we hauled butt back to Seattle, hopped on a plane, and flew to San Francisco. Can’t wait to see what the rest of this trip has in store.