I can’t believe we’re already 17 weeks into 2016. (You see, what would have made sense was to say it last week because then it would have been 2 16s, but that would have been too perfect.) It’s been a weird week. I’ve done some city hopping, traveling, visiting, and last minute decision making. Is this what people do when they don’t have to travel for work? Fascinating.
Oh! And heads up. I changed my personal instagram handle to @mschrystinanoel and my blog instagram handle to @chrystinanoel so that it matches all the other blog accounts I have. That said the @chrystinanoel internet link isn’t working right now so I’ve got to figure out what’s wrong…
Without further ado, 10 things that happened in the past week –
- I had gotten to 13 days behind on podcasts. Now I’m 20 days behind on podcasts again. How does this always happen?
- I went to a men’s fashion party hosted by Sabir of Men’s Style Pro at SuitSupply in the city. I got my hair blown out beforehand so I could feel fashion blogger level swanky.
- I went to my cousin’s daughter’s baptism on Saturday. I’ve now seen my family 3 times in a little over a month. I got some good photos and I can’t wait to edit them when I get back home to my desktop. (I’ve learned it’s far too difficult to do on this laptop without a full version of Photoshop.)
- I visited Newport, RI for the first time in my adult life. It was super pretty. (See above.)
- My dad’s older brother passed away last week, so I attended his funeral. I’m not a great funeral attender because I talk too loud and cry too much. Seeing his side of the family was good though because it doesn’t happen very often. My cousin (once-removed) read an essay he wrote when he was 10 about why he wanted to be Grandpa Lou for a week. Then we went out for Mexican food for dinner.
- My blog post brainstorming has been greart. I still need more time to actually write them. I did make a first draft of a media kit though, so at least I’m making progress.
- I got to visit one of my best friends from high school, Courtney. I’ve realized recently that I have very few conversations with people these days that don’t have an objective so it was good to just have some real conversation.
- This isn’t new, but I don’t know that I’ve ever shared it on the blog. If you ask me what kind of food I’m craving there’s an 80% chance that it’s any kind of asian and a 20% that it’s Italian.
- I used a spiralizer to make zoodles for the first time ever last night. I was mesmerized.
- I think I’ve averaged 5 cups/types of tea per day for the past three days. Bubble tea, thai tea, chai tea, rooibos tea, the Aveda tea. All the tea.
As for this weekend, I’m going to Westerly, RI for a little bit and looking forward to getting back in front of my desktop computer to get some stuff done on Sunday. At least I’m not traveling for work again next week. Maybe I’ll be caught up on podcasts and well-rested after that. Or maybe not.