Crystal Shopping, please notice the beer can in the corner.
Thank you, New Orleans, for being wonderful.
I haven’t decided if Week 38 of the year seems further along or less further along than I think it is. It’s that time of year when you start rolling into holiday time and so you feel like everything is full speed ahead, but 52-38 is 14. Eek. Yeah, still not sure if that’s a lot or a little. But here we are. Two blog posts out this week, it looks like I’m back. VenturePOP was just the kick in the pants that I needed. Glad to be back. And finally start to get some of these thoughts out of my head again.
Here are 10 things that happened in the past week:
- Friday morning I had breakfast with Mallory from Miss Malaprop. We talked about blogging conferences, VenturePOP, film making, and drag pageants. It was my favorite.
- Stephanie, Stephen, and I did a small brewery tour of New Orleans. We went to NOLA Brewing, Urban South, and Courtyard breweries. It’s possibly my favorite way to spend a Friday.
- I decided, after recommendation from Stephanie, that HiVolt Coffee is my coffee place of choice in New Orleans. I woke up early before the conference both days to walk 1.2 miles to get there. Totally worth it.
- VenturePOP was the coolest.
- Saturday night was for cheese shops, almost tarot card readings, crystal shopping at Earth Odyssey, and beignets. In case you’re curious, the crystals I ended up with (some of which were chosen by their meaning, some of which were just chosen by their pretty colors) were:
(a) Rose Quartz: Attracts love, heals emotional wounds and physical problems with the heart
(b) Labradorite: Develops magical powers, unlocks the secrets of the psyche
(c) Black Onyx: Grounds and purifies both the body and mind; comforts those with chronic conditions
(d) Selenite: Cleanses & clears blockages (spiritual & physical); opens higher states of consciousness
(e) Apatite: Helps calm headaches, uplift one’s mood, and aids exploration of past lives and dream recall
So that’s that.
- Monday I saw Ben for the first time in two weeks in the airport after I landed and before he took off for a grand total of 20 minutes. He handed me a bag that had two presents and a card in it. Sometimes I’m pretty lucky. And let’s be honest, the card is really where it’s at for me. Good cards are the best.
- Tuesday was the perfect workday. I got in at 9:30, had an appointment in the middle of the day, and didn’t have plans after work so I was able to stay there until 6:30. That’s my ideal way to do things, I probably need to stop making plans before 6:30.
- I started my new mission to try as many chais in the city as possible. (Stay tuned for the blog post, just in time for hot beverage weather. I hope.) This is not my smartest mission as too much caffeine and sugar makes me crazy. By Thursday night I really wasn’t feeling all that well and I was only 4 chais in. (It also doesn’t help when you sit at a desk all day and can’t actually do anything with all that energy.) I’ll figure out how to make this happen though, because I’m pretty gosh darn determined.
- Wednesday night my friend Stephen (Philadelphia Stephen) and I started to plan our trip to the West Coast in October. Two weeks to enjoy the Pacific Northwest. We’re going to end up doing the Seattle, Redwood Forest, Napa, and San Francisco. All recommendations are welcome.
- Thursday night I made it to the Philly Dance Fitness class, Cardio Pop. That class is at the top of my list in terms of workouts I’ve found in Philadelphia.
What’s up for this weekend? Upstate New York with the ladies. And then finally seeing Ben for longer than 20 minutes on Sunday. I think? Unclear.
Have a wonderful weekend!